About Oh Polly
Founded in 2015, Oh Polly creates high-quality, innovative designs that are trend-driven, meeting our customers’ needs in an ever-evolving market without compromising on our global responsibility and ethical values. Our business model is social first, centred around our industry-leading Instagram and Facebook accounts. 2020 saw the launch of Bo+Tee, Oh Polly’s much-loved gym and activewear brand, followed by the launch of Neena Swim in 2021, focusing solely on stylish swimwear. Fast forward to 2023 and we now have a combined following of over 8 million across the brands, selling products in almost every single country around the world. Operating via offices in Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Los Angeles, Dhaka and Guangzhou, the business has over 350 employees in the UK and 1500 directly employed worldwide. As we continue to expand our global presence, we are looking for talented, driven, and ambitious individuals to join the Oh Polly team! Here, you can expect an environment to flourish, develop and take your career to the next level.
About the department and role
We are currently searching for an experienced and highly analytical clothing quality inspector to join our production department. As the quality inspector, you will uphold the safety regulations of our company and supervise the production process to guarantee that all our apparel products meet quality expectations.
The chosen candidate will perform regular product evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the production process. To excel in this role, applicants should demonstrate great attention to detail with excellent technical and math abilities.
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming apparel from vendors and outgoing products for shipping
- Reject all apparel products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations
Read spec, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services
- Measure product dimensions, examine functionality, and compare the final product to the specifications
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records
- Inform the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence
- Understand the production process
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner
Quality Inspector Requirements
- Degree in fashion design and technology or an equivalent qualification is desired but not essential.
- A knowledge of apparel fabrics is desired but not essential.
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of the retail industry
- A knowledge of working with dresses, corsets and gym is preferred
- Good math and technical skills
- Manage workload capacity
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Salary based on experience
- Measuring garments to the specs and flagging up issues
- Good eye and attention to detail
What's on offer?
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly, Bo+Tee and Neena Swim products.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Corporate gym membership. (Subject to tax)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 25 days annual leave + an extra day for your Birthday!
- Company Pension.
This Company is an equal opportunities employer
Oh Polly job positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation