About Oh Polly
Founded in 2015, Oh Polly creates high-quality, innovative designs that are trend-driven, meeting our customers’ needs in an ever-evolving market without compromising on our global responsibility and ethical values. Our business model is social first, centred around our industry-leading Instagram and Facebook accounts.
2020 saw the launch of Bo+Tee, Oh Polly’s much-loved gym and activewear brand, followed by the launch of Neena Swim in 2021, focusing solely on stylish swimwear. Fast forward to 2024 and we now have a combined following of over 8 million across the brands, selling products in almost every single country around the world.
Operating internationally across key sites Glasgow, Wirral, London and LA, the business has grown to over 400 employees. As we continue to expand our global presence, we are looking for talented, driven and ambitious individuals to join the Oh Polly team! Here, you can expect an environment to flourish, develop and take your career to the next level.
About the department
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Buyer to enhance our Buying Team in our London HQ. You will know the customer inside out and keep up to date with emerging market trends which support our Head of Buying in reviewing and approving garments at fit sessions.
- Work closely with our Head of Buying and buying team, as well as the Design team to oversee every stage of fit process.
- Assessing garments, offering insight and recommendations for improvements based on emerging trends and what our customer wants.
- Updating internal database to ensure all departments have up to date and accurate information on each collection for Oh Polly.
- Analyse and predict trends, undertaking sales and metric research.
- Work on pulling together inspiration for upcoming seasons – putting mood boards together for new concepts.
- Build and maintain good relationships with supply base.
- Support Head of Buying to develop new strategies for the business and department.
- Provide a high degree of input into product and competitor activity.
- Ensure the development process is smooth to maintain key deadlines.
- Maintain all aspects of the critical path with your team to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
- Continually improving the overall fit process – flagging potential issues before production approval stage.
- Product focused buyer with experience and a solid understanding of dresses, corsets and multiple fabrications across embroidery/embellishments as well as swim
- Passionate about the fashion industry and commercially aware.
- Understand our ranges, customer, competitors and key market trends.
- Confident in your product knowledge and development.
- Exceptional eye for detail and ability to forecast trends.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and prioritising tasks.
- Full time (Monday- Friday 9am-5.30pm)
- Location: onsite in London
- Flexible start and finish times
What’s on offer?
- Salary- From £42,000
- A career with one of the most exciting high performing fashion brands in the world which is doubling in size with every year; with this comes greater opportunity for personal growth
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products
- International travel
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays and an extra day for your Birthday
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company Pension
- Company social events
This Company is an equal opportunities employer
Oh Polly job positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.