We are seeking an Accountant qualified in either ACCA OR Chartered, who is familiar with using SAGE. You will be a quick thinker with the ability to switch tasks promptly. We are looking for someone who has worked in practice, who can prepare a set of accounts. You will be working along side our Accounts Manager.
Normal working hours are Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm.
- You will be responsible for keeping SAGE up to date.
- You will be working on bank reconciliations.
- You will be producing financial reports on a weekly basis.
- You will be required to occasionally support in purchase ledger.
- You will be required to complete VAT returns.
- 2-3 years accounts experience in a commercial setting: £25k
- 4-7 year accounts experience in FMCG industry, or Chartered status: £30-35k
- 7+ years account experience in £20m+ business + all of the above: Negotiable
What's on Offer?
- Personal Improvement Plan
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- An extra day off for your birthday!
- Perkbox ( https://www.perkbox.com/uk ) with access to exclusive employee benefits, freebies and discounts – think half price cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance!
- Company Pension
- Alpine tea/coffee machine (for all the coffee lovers).
- Free fruit on site
- You should be educated to degree level in a relevant subject area.
Desired/Required Experience and Skills
- Familiar with Sage (required)
- Experience of working in a small team (required)
- Can prepare a set of accounts for a 20 million pound business (required)
- Experience with Accrual's/Pre-payments (required)
- Can process Account Payables (required)
- Experience with cashflows (required)
- You should have experience of working with Microsoft packages such as Excel. (required)
- Experience of journals (desired)
- Experience with EU/international sales returns (desired)
- Experience with Instastat (desired)