We are looking for an experienced Copywriter to support the growth of our rapidly growing E-Commerce team.
You will have a strong understanding of our target market, an awareness of who the Oh Polly customer is, and will know how to create copy that is engaging and appealing to our audience. Your creative input should shine through when generating product and collection names, creating and maintaining product descriptions, email copy and online advertising (to name a few!)
The ideal candidate will have a good eye for details, excellent English grammar and spelling, and an interest in Fashion and E-commerce.
- Create innovative and original copy content that is inspiring to our customers – ensuring delivery in our unique brand tone of voice across all channels.
- Ensure that all copy is clear, concise and accurate
- Produce creative, engaging and informative product names and descriptions that sell our products and fit the brand’s tone of voice
- Own all copy for product descriptions across the Oh Polly group brands – ensuring set targets are processed per week, working alongside the wider team to meet launch target expectations.
- Ensure all product and category copy is relevant and up to date in terms of product, seasonality and trends to maximise SEO performance
- Responsible for the creation and execution of SEO meta descriptions, titles and tags for new collection launch and category updates.
- Review the copywriting strategy in line with customer and competitor insights, brand strategy and company goals and initiatives
- You will ensure accuracy and attention to detail at all times and will proof-read and sub-edit copy across multiple platforms, taking into account SEO requirements.
- Research competitor tone of voice and fashion buzz-words.
Educated to a degree level in a relevant subject (eg. English/Fashion/Marketing)
Experience in a fast-paced and deadline driven ecommerce/fashion environment.
Experience in fashion and writing including product knowledge, trends and fabrication and styling.
- Highly organised with excellent time management and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to a very high standard, managing workload to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to form strong working relationships and thrive on working as a team.
- You should be capable of switching between tasks regularly throughout the day according to demand.
- Knowledge of SEO copy best practices.
- IT skills in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and Microsoft Word/Google Docs.
- You enjoy a challenge, are able to work under pressure and are willing to go above and beyond
What’s on Offer?
We have worked hard to encourage and nurture a positive, creative and healthy working environment. That’s why we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products
- New, spacious warehouse and office
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Pension
- An extra day off for your birthday