About Oh Polly
Founded in 2015, Oh Polly creates high-quality, innovative designs that are trend-driven, meeting our customers’ needs in an ever-evolving market without compromising on our global responsibility and ethical values. Our business model is social first, centred around our industry-leading Instagram and Facebook accounts.
2020 saw the launch of Bo+Tee, Oh Polly’s much-loved gym and activewear brand, followed by the launch of Neena Swim in 2021, focusing solely on stylish swimwear. Fast forward to 2022 and we now have a combined following of over 5 million across the brands, selling products in almost every single country around the world.
Operating internationally across key sites Glasgow, Wirral, London and LA, the business has grown to 350 employees. As we continue to expand our global presence, we are looking for talented, driven and ambitious individuals to join the Oh Polly team! Here, you can expect an environment to flourish, develop and take your career to the next level.
We are looking for an experienced Copywriter to support the growth of our rapidly growing Ecommerce team. You will have a strong understanding of our target market, an awareness of who the Oh Polly customer is, and will know how to create copy that is engaging and appealing to our audience. Your creative input should shine through when generating product and collection names, creating and maintaining product descriptions, email copy and online advertising (to name a few!)
The ideal candidate will have a good eye for detail, excellent English grammar and spelling, and an interest in Fashion and Ecommerce.
- Create engaging copy content that is inspiring to our customers – shaping our unique brand tone of voice across all channels.
- Ensure that all copy is clear, concise and accurate.
- Produce creative, engaging and informative product names and descriptions that sell our products and fit the brand’s tone of voice
- Own all copy for product descriptions across the Oh Polly group brands – ensuring set targets are processed per week, working alongside the wider team to meet launch target expectations.
- Ensure all product and category copy is relevant and up to date in terms of product, seasonality and trends to maximise SEO performance
- Responsible for the creation and execution of SEO meta descriptions, titles and tags for new collection launch and category updates.
- Review the copywriting strategy in line with customer and competitor insights, brand strategy and company goals and initiatives
- You will ensure accuracy and attention to detail at all times and will proof-read and sub-edit copy across multiple platforms, taking into account SEO requirements.
- Research competitor tone of voice and fashion buzz-words.
- At least 2 years' experience in copywriting
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant subject (eg. English/Fashion/Marketing)
- Experience in a fast-paced and deadline driven ecommerce environment
- Skilled in writing for fashion brands/companies, including product knowledge, trends and fabrication and styling
- Knowledge of SEO copy best practices
- IT skills in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets and Microsoft Word/Google Docs
- Highly organised with excellent time management and meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently to a very high standard, managing workload to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to form strong working relationships and thrive on working as a team
- You should be capable of switching between tasks regularly throughout the day according to demand
What’s on Offer?
We have worked hard to encourage and nurture a positive, creative and healthy working environment. That’s why we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- 22 Days annual leave plus an extra day off for your Birthday.
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products
- New, spacious warehouse and office
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Pension
This Company is an equal opportunities employer
Oh Polly job positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.