Oh Polly is regularly ranked in the top 5 fastest growing pureplay online retailers in the UK competing with the likes of; Pretty Little Thing, Misguided, ASOS, and Boohoo.
We now operate 3 separate websites-Oh Polly, Bo+Tee and Neena for our 3 main product categories which going from strength to strength
We are seeking a passionate individual who lives and breathes fashion and loves keeping up to date with the latest trends and celebrity culture. You will have a strong understanding of our target market, an awareness of who the ‘Oh Polly Customer’ is and how to speak to our audience.
This role can be based either in Bromborough, Wirral or London.
- Checking and fitting all New Items received in the warehouse and provide fitting feedback
- Developing core blocks across fabrics and shapes and providing useful specs to design teams for their tech packs
- Constantly reviewing the information on the website against how the garment fits in real life when a collection is launched
- Producing clear and concise comments with supporting images and diagrams for suppliers to follow for any repeats
- Ensure measurements are consistent across the fabric bases and help to develop new blocks for new fabrications
- Define and maintain grading / sizing rules for each garment type and for each of our 3 brands.
- Create a block library for each brand, ensure this is updated as we learn more about competitor blocks
- Record all fit comments and relay to the factories ensuring amendments are accurately reflected in future samples or production.
- Support the factories & buying team on any construction queries.
- Report on quality, faults, and production for each collection in detail to each factory Feedback to management and wider team
- Assess any customer returns and ensure any recurring issues are addressed. Feed this back to management and wider team
- Establish and maintain the new testing/due diligence process clothing, and help to establish a new manual- Bo & tee specific
- Run wearer trial process for the company and feedback to senior team - Bo+Tee specific
- Help to establish new innovation technology for the company e.g. Virtual fitting, in house bra support innovation, Comp shopping and building new blocks to trial
It is essential that you have a minimum 5 years experience in a similar role within a fast-paced environment
- A technically oriented qualification, preferably at degree level.
- Multi-product experience; able to move between product areas with assurance.
- Experience of working directly with factories, and thorough understanding of factory production, including workflow, production control, machinery, and equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of Dresses, lingerie, swimwear, gym wear fitting and fit issues within a young fashion brand is essential.
- Pattern-cutting knowledge and practise is very desirable, knowledge of grading and grade rules. Thorough understanding of garment construction, fabric technology & testing.
- First-class communication skills: experience of working with different cultures and the challenges this can bring.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires.
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks & change direction with agility.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel & Word; keen to expand skill-set as the role demands.
What's on offer?
- Salary £28,000 per annum
- International travel
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Company Pension
- Bright spacious offices.
- Company social events
You will have the ability to think both creatively and logically, able to process information with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail from a range of sources. You’ll be a great communicator, who takes a collaborative approach - focusing on building strong relationships. You will be brilliantly organised and a great multi-tasker who is confident to manage multiple tasks at one time whilst delivering projects to an agreed schedule. If this sounds like you and your motivated and excited to learn more we can’t wait to hear from you.
To apply please submit your resume along with either a portfolio or examples of your work.