We are seeking a commercially focused and experienced HR Manager to support the successful growth of the business. This is an extremely varied generalist HR Managerial role, as Oh Polly goes through an exciting period of rapid growth and expansion.
You will lead and mentor a team of 2 HR Generalists and together you will be responsible for all HR-related matters, including recruitment, policy development and implementation, performance and absence management, disciplinaries and grievances. You will promote our Employer Brand to ensure you attract and attain A-team candidates. You will confidently provide employee relations support and advice to management and employees on site.
A strong knowledge of Employment Law combined with experience in a manufacturing, distribution or warehouse environment would be an advantage for this position.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you will be able to influence stakeholders at all levels.
● Proven track record in change management implementation.
● CIPD qualified and or extensive experience in a generalist HR Managerial role.
● Sound knowledge of UK employment law and best recruitment practice.
● Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously, often recruiting for multiple roles concurrently.
● Strong decision-making skills and the ability to make decisions independently with minimal direction or supervision.
● Established ability in resolving complex conflict/employee relations issues.
You should be educated to degree level and have a minimum of 5-8 year’s work experience in a similar field and or possess a minimum of Level 7 CIPD qualification.
You should be dynamic, approachable and driven with the ability to remain professional, impartial and courteous. You should have a strong attention to detail and excellent people skills as you will be the main point of contact for employees and applicants. You should be highly organised, efficient and able to delegate and manage priorities effectively.
This is a full-time role, working a minimum of 40 hours from 9:00-17:30 per week.
What’s on offer?
At Oh Polly, we recognise that work isn’t just about your robotic 9 – 5.30. We have worked hard to encourage and nurture a positive, creative and healthy working environment. That’s why we offer:
● Competitive salary and excellent opportunities for career progression (£40,000-£50,000 DOE).
● 50% discount on all Oh Polly products
● Corporate gym membership (lunchtime spin anyone?)
● Access to exclusive employee benefits at Perkbox, freebies and discounts – think half price cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance!
● Company Pension
● Manage, support and mentor a team of 2 HR generalists.
● Promote Employer Brand on all platforms.
● Manage the end-to-end recruitment process (including job posting, sourcing candidates, shortlisting, telephone screening, scheduling and supporting interviews).
● Headhunt potential A-team candidates for future talent-pool.
● Implement learning and development plan and processes.
● Form, develop and applying company policies and procedures.
● Review absence management programme/initiative
● Provide employee relations support and advice to all stakeholders
● Promote an Employer of Choice ethos through culture, rewards and benefits internally
● Provide support to Managers regarding investigations, disciplinaries and grievances, and where necessary conduct these.
● Providing detailed HR reports to Senior Management.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter (250 words max) explaining why you are a good candidate for the role.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applicants, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.