IT Support Analyst
We are looking for an IT Support Analyst based in our Bromborough office.
At Oh Polly we like Linux. We are seeking an IT Support Analyst who is up for the challenge of continuing our roll out of all workstations in the business being Linux or Mac based.
If you want to work in a Windows environment this role is not for you.
You should be a charismatic individual who wants to help colleagues overcome IT issues.
Reporting to the development team in the Glasgow office you will work closely to improve IT services to Oh Polly business users.
What’s on Offer?
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Pluralsight subscription ( https://www.pluralsight.com/ ).
- Company Pension.
- Your choice of Macbook Pro (OS X) or DELL XPS (Linux) laptop. 2 x rotating monitors setup.
Normal working hours are 9am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. Some flexibility is available (i.e. 8am-4.30pm, or 10am-6.30pm).
- Providing 1st line user, hardware and software support to Oh Polly employees in Liverpool Office/Warehouse, LA Office and Glasgow Office, via IT support desk (Atlassian JIRA Service Desk), on company messenger (Slack), in person and on the phone.
- Providing timely, first-time call resolution for technical support issues while following company policies and standards.
- Accurately logging and monitoring all incidents to help identify potential problem trends on helpdesk.
- Escalating incidents to the development team when appropriate.
- Maintaining IT infrastructure with regards to Mobile Device Management (MDM), networking and workstations inline with the development team.
- Supporting business users with the various systems Oh Polly use. Including but not limited to - Password resets, account setup, removing user accounts etc.
- Setting up hardware for new workstations and networking equipment for colleagues.
- Ordering hardware for the Liverpool office and other offices as necessary.
- Ensuring all systems maintain 2FA.
- Constantly auditing user permissions on various company systems to ensure elevated user permissions are not granted when not appropriate.
- Maintaining asset tags for workstations and hardware.
- Remediate vulnerabilities with company vulnerability management platform.
- Remediate sensitive customer data from workstations with company sensitive data recovery platform.
- Encourage security best practices for business users.
This list is not exhaustive but is the main areas the role requires on a day to day basis. We do not expect candidates to cover every section of the bonus point section.
- G Suite Administration
- Mac OS and Ubuntu Desktop Administration
- Directory Services (e.g. LDAP)
- Single Sign On (SSO) (e.g. Onelogin, Otka)
- Remote Desktop Support (e.g. TeamViewer, RealVNC)
- Managing Network Attached Storage Devices (e.g. Synology, FreeNAS)
- VPN management and site to site VPNs
- Setup and managing Two Factor Authentication for users
- On-premise networking knowledge
- Vulnerability management (e.g. Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable)
- Internal Ticket System Experience (e.g. JIRA Service Desk)
- Documentation Experience (e.g. Confluence)
- Network booting with PXE server
- Workstation BIOS configuration and troubleshooting
- Managing software licenses inline with software licensing audits
- Canonical Landscape
- Shell Scripting
- LastPass Enterprise administration
- Creating Golden Images
- Cisco Meraki
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) (e.g. Jamf Pro, Cisco Meraki MDM)
- CISCO CCNA certification
- CompTia Network + certification
- Linux Foundation certification