Senior Fashion Designer
As a Senior Womenswear Designer you will work closely with the Creative Director on all styles starting from initial pass-off to the production stage. You will liase with the Creative Director & oversee the design team to develop seasonal concepts and colour stories in order to produce clear briefs. You will work with Merchandisers to range plan and schedule upcoming collections. You will research and monitor the consumer and marketplace to identify opportunities to stay ahead of the competition. Analyse current sales and have a vision for predicting future trends and high performing products.
Oversee fittings and take concise notes for overseas suppliers, taking products to final sign off ready for production. Organise and prioritise daily workload to maintain production calendar. Monitor and maintain fit, construction, workmanship for consistency within the brand across all suppliers. Manage the design team to develop a range of on-brand products that creates equity and profitability for the Oh Polly brand and upholds our aesthetic standards.
Present concepts and designs in a clear way ensuring accurate visualisations communicate every possible design detail. Flexibility working across different labels when needed and managing multiple projects at once, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Womenswear Designer with at least 5 years’ experience at Designer level, demonstrating exceptional multi-product womenswear design skills, working for a young womenswear brand or retailer.
- Degree in a fashion related field
- Expert knowledge of pattern cutting & garment construction
- English is a must, bilingualism an asset
- Extensive experience working with stretch fabric
- Skilled in Illustrator and Photoshop
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- A positive attitude towards helping any team
- Experience in lingerie/contour a bonus
- Enjoys challenges
- Is a passionate team player
- Has excellent visual communication skills
- Has excellent presentation skills
- Has the ability to work under pressure
- Pays great attention to detail
- Able to work with a quick turnaround (very short deadlines)
What on offer?
- Designer with more than 5 years experience up to £30,000 per annum.
- International travel
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 4 weeks annual leave plus an extra day off for your birthday!
- Perkbox ( https://www.perkbox.com/uk ) with access to exclusive employee benefits, freebies and discounts – think half price cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance!
- Company Pension.
- Office Nespresso machine (for all the coffee lovers).
- Bright spacious offices.
- Company social events