Senior/Management Garment Technician
About Oh Polly
Founded in 2015, Oh Polly creates high-quality, innovative designs that are trend-driven, meeting our customers’ needs in an ever-evolving market without compromising on our global responsibility and ethical values. Our business model is social first, centred around our industry-leading Instagram and Facebook accounts.
2020 saw the launch of Bo+Tee, Oh Polly’s much-loved gym and activewear brand, followed by the launch of Neena Swim in 2021, focusing solely on stylish swimwear. Fast forward to 2022 and we now have a combined following of over 5 million across the brands, selling products in almost every single country around the world.
Operating internationally across key sites Glasgow, Wirral, London and LA, the business has grown to 300 employees. As we continue to expand our global presence, we are looking for talented, driven and ambitious individuals to join the Oh Polly team! Here, you can expect an environment to flourish, develop and take your career to the next level.
About the Department
We are now searching for an experienced Garment Technician to join our world leading Product Development team based in London. Operating at senior level, this is a fantastic opportunity to lead the department; bringing in-depth expertise and technical know-how.
- Conducting fitting sessions for new products in development on a 2-3 time per week basis.
- Providing post fit technical notes; including annotations on photographs to our factories and the wider PD team
- Helping to develop and maintain core block libraries across fabrics and shapes and providing useful specs to design teams for their tech packs
- Ensuring measurements systems and grading rules are kept consistent and reflective of our core customer
- Supporting the factories & buying team on any technical construction queries, including problem-solving mass production issues
- Assisting the product development team in elevating the fit and finish of garments
- Conducting returns analysis fit sessions with supporting commentary to factories, marketing and warehouse teams to help drive down returns.
- Help to establish new innovative technology for the company e.g. virtual fitting, in house bra support innovation, comp shopping and building new blocks to trial.
- Making clear and concise comments to factory to improve and perfect the execution of the next sample
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a similar technical role focusing on womenswear, including pattern making for corsets and dresses
- Understanding of pattern/size grading (specifically lingerie and bra-cup grading)
- Good working knowledge of Gerber/Lectra pattern-making software
- In-depth understanding of different fabric shape and fit, i.e jersey, wovens etc.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Strong communicator
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritise projects
- Proactive and keen to take on new tasks
What's on offer?
- Salary to be negotiated depending on experience
- International travel opportunities; China, Turkey, Bangladesh
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly/Bo+Tee products
- Corporate gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Company Pension
- Company social events
This Company is an equal opportunities employer
Oh Polly job positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.