Social Media Executive (Video)
We are seeking a passionate individual who lives and breathes fashion, and loves keeping up to date with the latest trends and celebrity culture. You will have a strong understanding of our target market, an awareness of who the ‘Oh Polly Customer’ is and how to speak to our audience. You will have creative flair, and be able to conceptualise and implement original, engaging and high-performing content across all Oh Polly’s social media platforms. You must also have experience with video editing and be able to edit high quality video content, as this will be a key responsibility of this role. This is an amazing opportunity to get your teeth stuck into an exciting role with a growing and dynamic company, the sky really is the limit when it comes to ideas. We are looking for someone with passion, drive and the ability to think outside the box!
Normal working hours are Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm, however you may be required to work additional hours during busy periods.
- Coming up with engaging and creative ideas for video content across all our platforms
- Editing video content together.
- Sourcing product and non-product content for display across our social media platforms.
- Post scheduling, analysis and planning.
- Assisting in idea generation and plan execution for Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Snapchat and Promo events.
- Competitor social media analysis and monitoring.
- Writing snappy and engaging copy to go along side social media posts.
- Engaging with our followers on a professional and personal level via content, public posts, tweets, etc.
- You will be expected to bring new ideas to the table on a regular basis and be aware of what other competitors are doing and which type of content is currently trending.
There are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and progress within a fast-growing, fashion company.
- Closing date: On-going.
- Location: Glasgow City Centre (Central Station).
- Competitive salary dependant upon experience plus benefits.
- In your cover letter you should write a few paragraphs (250 words maximum) explaining why you are a good candidate for the role.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive salary and excellent opportunities for career progression.
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products.
- Corporate gym membership.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- An extra day off for your birthday!
- Perkbox ( https://www.perkbox.com/uk ) with access to exclusive employee benefits, freebies and discounts – think half price cinema tickets and free mobile phone insurance!
- Company Pension.
- Office Nespresso machine (for all the coffee lovers).
- Bright spacious offices.
- Company social events (Bowling, Go Karting etc) + occasional Pizza Friday's on the house.
- You should be extremely knowledgeable about our target market.
- You should have a creative flair and knowledge of Photoshop as you will be expected to crop/resize/mirror and touch up images.
- You must have intermediate to advanced video editing skills with Premier Pro or similar.
- You should have at-least one-year experience managing, planning and executing the content of a company or non-profit social media account.
- You should be an avid user or at least current with all the main social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
- You should be extremely creative. We are looking for someone who is bubbling with ideas and the enthusiasm to implement them.
- We want someone who is efficient. You will be expected to create great content quickly and to a high standard.
- You should have a strong passion and interest in all things fashion.
- We are looking for someone who is a hard worker who is constantly looking to take their career to their next level.
- You should be capable of switching between tasks regularly throughout the day according to demand.
- You should be educated to degree level in a relevant subject area.