About Oh Polly
Founded in 2015, Oh Polly creates high-quality, innovative designs that are trend-driven, meeting our customers’ needs in an ever-evolving market without compromising on our global responsibility and ethical values. Our business model is social first, centred around our industry-leading Instagram and Facebook accounts. 2020 saw the launch of Bo+Tee, Oh Polly’s much-loved gym and activewear brand, followed by the launch of Neena Swim in 2021, focusing solely on stylish swimwear. Fast forward to 2023 and we now have a combined following of over 8 million across the brands, selling products in almost every single country around the world. Operating via offices in Glasgow, Liverpool, London, Los Angeles, Dhaka and Guangzhou, the business has over 350 employees in the UK and 1500 directly employed worldwide. As we continue to expand our global presence, we are looking for talented, driven, and ambitious individuals to join the Oh Polly team! Here, you can expect an environment to flourish, develop and take your career to the next level.
About the role:
We are now searching for an experienced Garment Technologist to join our world leading Product Development team based in London. Operating at mid level, this is a fantastic opportunity to bring your in-depth expertise and technical know-how.
Conducting fitting sessions for new products in development on a daily basis
- Seeing product through from initial tech pack to sealing stage
- Leading fit sessions both in person and digitally, making clear and concise comments to factory to improve and perfect the execution of the next sample
- Providing post fit technical notes; including annotations on photographs to our factories and the wider PD team
- Helping to develop and maintain core block libraries across fabrics and shapes and providing useful specs to design teams for their tech packs
- Ensuring measurements systems and grading rules are kept consistent and reflective of our core customer
- Supporting the factories & buying team on any technical construction queries, including problem-solving mass production issues
- Assisting the product development team in elevating the fit and finish of garments
- Conducting returns analysis fit sessions along side regular monthly returns reporting, providing supporting commentary to factories, marketing and warehouse teams to help drive down returns with a quick timeframe.
- Conducting ad hoc project work such as innovative technology for the company e.g. virtual fitting, in house bra support innovation, comp shopping and building new blocks to trial.
- Working with design and in-house atelier team in reviewing technical packs, and leading initial collection hand over with factories
- Liaising with factories, advising appropriate wash care and additional testing requirements by product type
- Supporting junior technologists in training and guidance, building confidence and supporting growth within the team.
- Monitoring product through the critical path, communicating daily with relative internal and factory teams, ensuring product is delivered on time and of a high Oh Polly standard.
Experience in a similar technical role focusing on womenswear, including corsetry and occasion wear.
- Good working knowledge of pattern construction and grading, with in-depth understanding of different fabric shape and fit, i.e jersey, wovens etc. (working knowledge of Gerber/ Lecture advantageous but not required)
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, ability to work to tight deadlines and proactively problem solve.
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment and able to prioritise projects proactively.
- Strong understanding of physical and chemical testing requirements, as well as international REACH requirements.
- Experience with childrenswear and lingerie fitting, construction and grading preferred but not essential.
- Competitive salary negotiable DOE
- 50% discount on all Oh Polly products
- An extra day of for your birthday
- Corporate gym membership (Subject to tax)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Learning and development opportunities
- Company pension
- Company social events
This Company is an equal opportunities employer
Oh Polly job positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.